Completed My Private Pilot's License (PPL) Training!

8:44:00 pm Malaysian Cockpit 7 Comments

There’s been thousands of us out there, as a Licensed Private Pilot. Each and every one of them have their own stories, including me. Let me take you on my adventure, before I forgot! haha

Well it started when I was a kid. Everybody’s is like that isn't it?  It began when I'm dreaming about it, one day being up there with other planes and birds, just buzzing around in those fluffy cotton bud clouds. Even though it’s majestic as it looks, but it’s damn dangerous to fly with birds and clouds. I almost got hit with a bird while taking off the runway! You might end up forced landing if the birds hit your propeller.

That dream came true in April of 2015 thanks to my family and my best friend that have supported me throughout the training period in getting my Private Pilot’s License (PPL).

A lot of them came up straight to the academy after they graduated from high school, while I’m doing some stupid things learning biology in my matriculation stage. Then things got serious, I went to university to complete my bachelor degree in aeronautics. Now I’m here at Asia Pacific Flight Training (APFT) doing my CPL/IR.

Flying with Piper 28-161 Warrior 3 its fun but a little bit pricey when compare with a Cessna 172 or 152. However, the aircraft here are not maintained properly, rust here and there, when it rains, there’s a pool under your feet, I think a guppy fish can live there. I did my 1 hour introduction to flying at Kota Bharu Airport and the rest at Ipoh Airport. I love flying in Ipoh, the training area here is freaking huge! You can eat 3 slice of bread on cruising speed while still within the boundaries. To be honest, there’s a lot of memories here though that I can’t write it all up here.

Completing my first solo flight was not hard as it looks but there’s certain part of it I was afraid, when I’m doing my checklist, I did everything 2 times to make sure everything in GREEN SECTOR! As a pilot, you have to remain calm. Nearly shit in my pants during the approach. Here, take a look of my first solo flight.

If you really understand the procedure, RT calls, piece of cake I would say. However, they said my flying skills will develop the more hours I gain. Well I have to say, I suck at flying at first few hours, now I’m getting better day by day. Hopefully.

I flew with quite a number of instructors in APFT, and they all got different ways to teaching me how to fly. Some told me to do this, and when I do like that with other instructor, got scold “Fuck, what are you doing? You wanna kill me?” and my reply was “Oh roger sir, sorry sir” LOL.

It will be a long journey though, next I will be doing my CPL flying then taking the EASA papers. Hopefully all is well. I’m now one of them, Private Pilot’s License Holder. Yay me!

Now, who wanna fly with me?









7 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

congratulation sir..btw how much the fees for ur degree for pilot?

15k for aeronautical eng deg.

@fienal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@fienal said...

Salam.. kalau nak jadi pilot, kena masuk flying school juga ke? I mean, masuk UTHM takleh? I've been stalking your posts since 6 months ago and wondering for a long time. Kalau nak ambik lesen APTL, kena ambik CPL ngan PPL dulu ke? Klau ambik tiga tu, anggaran kos utk flying school bape eh? 
Thank you 😁


Haah kena masuk flying school, and go through stages starting from ppl.

@fienal said...

Kena ambil smua lesen tu? Anggaran kos utk tiga lesen ni bape eh?